Vibroacoustic therapy (VAT) uses low frequency sound in the audible range to produce mechanical vibrations within the body. VAT uses speakers or transducers placed within a mat to provide a physiologic and auditory response.
VAT is a non-invasive, energy-based alternative approach to wellness. It has been used for over 40 years and works by harnessing the healing power of sound converted into vibration.
While energetically it works much like acupuncture, sound can penetrate much deeper into the body and is more effective than needles. Our bodies are composed mainly of water, so these sound vibrations set the water into motion at a deep cellular level, reverberating throughout the entire body. The molecules begin reacting and communicating with each other, leading to sense of deep relaxation and a more balanced and healthier state of being.
What are the Benefits of Vibroacoustic Therapy?
While VAT cannot cure you of any disease, it is an effective, drug free modality that helps ease the symptoms of a number of conditions. Research and case studies have shown that VAT can help:
Reduce stress and anxiety, improve sleep
- Alleviate pain from arthritis, injuries, cancer and treatments
- Ease breathing issues from asthma and COPD
- Reduce blood pressure and aid in circulation
- Speed rehabilitation after stroke, cardiac surgery, and knee and hip replacement surgery.
- Alleviate many of the symptoms of MS and other progressive neurological diseases and disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease.
© 2019 Kate Kunkel
Research articles on the benefit of VAT:
- -Decreases pain and aids in absorbing associated hematoma after total knee or hip replacement (PMID: 33958495)
- -Effective correction of difficult breathing and cough resulting from viral infections, in this case, post Covid-19 syndrome (PMID: 36538398)
- -Low frequency sound wave stimulation therapy was effective in alleviating pain and improving functional ability in patients with chronic back pain (PMID: 30149436)
-Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy emits electromagnetic waves that mimic natural frequencies found in nature, stimulating and encouraging your body’s natural recovery process.
Research compiled by Naturopathic Physician Dr. Dan Carter